The idea of TØY came to our Norwegian founder's mind in 2018 when living in one of the most organic cities in the United States: San Francisco, CA.
Inspired by focus on organic products in California, the idea was to merge the best of minimalistic Scandinavian design with high quality organic fabrics to create timeless, gender-neutral, functional and safe baby clothes, which also wouldn't sacrifice our planet.
It took a lot of research, sweat and tears to design and bring to life our functional and baby-safe products, but in September 2019 we were ready to introduce TØY to you.
In 2021 our TØY brand is still a little baby amongst all major baby clothing brands, but we have a big heart and are on an even larger mission:
To make the softest, most comfortable and functional baby clothes without sacrificing our planet.
We are constantly learning how we can be the best organic baby clothing brand out there and how we can better reach our grand goal. Being a startup also gives us the possibility to be flexible and quickly adjust to meet our customers' or our planet's needs. So, if you ever have any comments or ideas on how we can make TØY even better, feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we'll love to chat with you!
We created TØY because:
- We want to make your life easier
- We want to help you buy clothes that fit your baby better
- We want you to be able to minimize the amount of chemicals that are touching your baby's sensitive skin
- We want you to be able to keep your baby clothes for decades to come and pass them on in great condition to any baby, regardless of gender
- We want to lead by example and show the fashion industry how fashion brands can be successful and sustainable at the same time
- We want to help you worry less about avoidable issues, so you can focus more on spending the precious time with your baby. They grow up SO FAST, so every extra second counts.
We hope you and your baby love our products as much as we do 💖
What is "TØY"?
The word "TØY" comes from Norwegian and simply means "clothing". The letter ø is pronounced like u in "burn" or ea in "earth". If that's too much, try just "TAY" - it's close enough!
Ø is not your standard letter, so we totally understand if you don't know how to type it. That's totally fine, because we are all about making your life easier. "Ø" can be written as "OE", so when typing you can simply refer to us as TOEY instead!
Now, if you'd like to purchase some TØY baby clothes, here is a quick link to all our products.